Here are some Frequently Asked Questions from our customers about lighting
- Q: Are regular bulbs still available?
A: Yes, but they are being phased out.
- Q: Why are LEDs so expensive?
A: Led bulbs last up to 25 times longer than an incandescent bulb, they also consume less electricity and run much cooler.
- Q: How long does an LED bulb last?
A: It varies from each vendor, generally 25k-50k hours.
- Q: How much light does a room need?
A: It is a basic math solution, first determine the size of the room which is L x W= square foot then multiply by 1.5 and that determines the amount of watts needed in the space. This can be spread out between table lamps wall sconces and ceiling lights.
- Q: What is the average height a chandelier should hang over the dining table?
A: On average a chandelier should hang 30″ to 36″ above the table top. (Of course this is subject to style and size of the chandelier)
- Q: If I have a junction box set in a concrete ceiling but it isn’t centered over the table like I wanted. What can I do to center the chandelier?
A: This occurs often in the planning of condo building, everyone tends to have a different furniture plans. In most cases many choose to use track lighting or low voltage rail systems to get the power to travel to the location needed. There are a few chandeliers on the market that have what we call “floating canopies” that will create a modern day swag lamp effect but selections are very limited and mostly of modern design.